The Arts Alliance is a leader championing, supporting and advocating for the Arts and Creative Industries in Washtenaw County, MI — arts and creative individuals, organizations and businesses—to ensure that the greater Ann Arbor region remains a great place to create, live, work, learn, play and visit. See more…
Our Five Pillars
Through these activities, The Arts Alliance explores, voices, promotes, encourages, and trumpets the efforts of the arts and cultural industries of Washtenaw.
What We Do
Some of The Arts Alliance works is behind the scenes such as conducting needs assessments for arts and cultural education, administering grants or managing research projects. Other work is more visible such as managing public art projects or presenting annual awards for excellence.
The Arts & Creative Industries: Are you on the list?
The Arts + Creative Industries
Practices and businesses where creativity is of the highest value and is a determining factor of success or failure. These individuals, for profit and nonprofit businesses represent an industry that employs more than 6,400 people and generates $390 million in wages in Washtenaw County, according to Creative Many Michigan.
The economic impact of the nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in Washtenaw County is $100 million according to a survey commissioned by the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation and The Arts Alliance conducted. According to the same study, there are 1.76 million admissions to nonprofit arts and cultural events in Washtenaw County equal to filling Michigan Stadium more than 16 times a year.
- Advertising & Promotion
- Architecture: building, landscape, urban & regional planning, marine & naval, etc.
- Art schools, art teachers, artists & agents
- Art therapy, rehabilitation and healing
- Creative technology: app design, game design, web design, etc.
- Culture & heritage: preservation, centers, museums
- Design: display, exhibition, graphic, industrial, interior, multimedia, packaging, product, visual communication user interface design, etc.
- Fashion: design, garments, textiles, footwear, lifestyle & accessories
- Film, audio visual & broadcasting
- Literary, publishing & print
- Music & recording
- Museums: art, cultural, heritage, history & science
- Research & Development: The pursuit of models, methods, formulas and products of unusual value.
- Science & nature centers
- Performing arts: dance, music, multidisciplinary, theater, etc.
- Visual arts: artisan-crafts, painting, sculpting, photography, etc.