Celebrate – to trumpet the triumphs of the arts and creative industries.
Arts, sciences and humanities are the stars of The Arts Alliance’s annual signature event and benefit, THE pARTy! In addition to ticket sales, sponsorship opportunities are also available. Those interested in participating as sponsors should contact Deb Polich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts Alliance Medal For Arts, Sciences & Humanities
Awarded annually, The Arts Alliance Medals for Arts, Sciences & Humanities honor and celebrate the extraordinary contributions and accomplishments of artists, creatives, individuals, businesses and organizations who have lived, worked and/or attended school in Washtenaw County, MI (the greater Ann Arbor area). Medal recipients are celebrated for exemplary achievements in advancing the arts, sciences and humanities and increasing public awareness of the creative sector in our region. Through their actions, leadership, philanthropy and body of work, medal awardees make their mark on the creative sector, set the standard for excellence and serve as an example for others to follow.
- Lifetime Achievement Medal – Presented to an individual in recognition of a lifetime of outstanding contributions and achievements within his or her field of arts, creativity, sciences and/or humanities.
- 2018 Linda Yohn, jazz music broadcaster
- 2017 Carla Dirlikov Canales, vocalist, arts ambassador
- 2016 Loren Estleman, author
- 2015 Jeff Daniels, actor, playwright, musician
- Philanthropic Excellence Medal – Presented to an individual or individuals in recognition of a phenomenal history of civic leadership and philanthropy to advance the arts, sciences and humanities.
- 2018 Bob & Marina Whitman
- 2017 The Buhr Foundation
- 2016 The Harry A. & Margaret D. Towsley Foundation
- 2015 Ambassador Ronald N. & Mrs. Eileen Weiser
- Outstanding Service Medal – Presented to an organization or business in recognition of outstanding civic leadership and significant contributions made in furthering the fields of the arts, sciences and humanities in Washtenaw County.
- 2018 John & The Debbie Dingell
- 2017 Ken Fischer, UMS president, arts presenter
- 2016 Masco Corporation
- 2015 Destination Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor + Ypsilanti Convention & Visitors Bureaus)
The Arts Alliance 21st Century Awards
Awarded periodically to recognize those who have demonstrated – through action and accomplishment – progressive approaches to the advancement of the arts, sciences and humanities in Washtenaw County.
- The Tamara Real Emerging Leader Award – Presented to an individual or team who has demonstrated the promising potential to advance the arts, sciences and humanities in Washtenaw County for many years to come. The award is named in honor of Tamara Real who played a significant role in launching The Arts Alliance as she heightened awareness of the value of Washtenaw County’s creative sector while mentoring and championing emerging creative sector leaders.
- 2018 Jermaine Dickerson – Founder, Hero Nation
- 2017 Allison L. Buck
- 2016 Cre Fuller, Sherri Green & Marcy Davy Haywood – Founders, DIYpsi Indie Art Fair
- 2015 Omari Rush
- Excellence in Education Award – Presented to a noted individual, school, business or organization that has made a significant contribution to the advancement of the arts, sciences and humanities education in Washtenaw County.
- 2016 Wild Swan Theater
- 2015 Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Spotlight Artist Award – Presented to an individual or group of individuals who has/have excelled in their artistic discipline and demonstrated promising potential locally and nationally.
- 2017 Laith Al-Saadi, musician