CWHH – When and where is the next one?
CWHH – When and where is the next one?
Event - Creative Washtenaw Happy Hour RSVP
CWHH #3 Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020
4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
104 E Michigan Ave, Saline, MI 48176
Light snacks provided by The Arts Alliance
beverages and menu items available for purchase.
RSVP at least a day in advance
This is a free event. RSVPs help us save seats for everyone.
Creative Washtenaw Happy Hour (CWHH)
CREATIVE WASHTENAW HAPPY HOUR (CWHH)
For those who work and/or play in the arts, creative and cultural organizations and businesses and are members of The Arts Alliance*, CWHH is an an-easy-no-set-agenda monthly gathering rotating throughout the county.
* or soon to become members. Attend CWHH once to try it out. We are pretty sure you’ll want to join!
I am so ready for CWHH!
CWHH is an event for members of The Arts Alliance,
If you are not a member, you are welcome to attend CWHH once to check it. Once you do, we are pretty sure you'll have such a good time, you'll be a member soon!
I am a member or I work for a business member of The Arts Alliance
I am not (yet) a member of The Arts Alliance.
Primary Contact Name
Primary Contact Name
Primary Contact Email
If it isn't already, your email will be added to The Arts Alliance's bi-weekly e-Newsletter list, Don't worry, you may opt out at anytime.
Primary Contact Phone
Primary contact creative practice, field, business, interest etc.
Primary Contact Organization/Business
Primary Contact Title
Are you bringing a guest?
Your guest must be a member of The Arts Alliance or a first time CWHH attendee.
Yes, I am bringing a guest who is a member of The Arts Alliance
Yes, I am bring a guest who is not a member of The Arts Alliance
No, I am not bringing a guest.
If it isn't already, your guest's email will be added to The Arts Alliance's bi-weekly e-Newsletter list, Don't worry! The opt out option is available at anytime.
Guest's creative practice, field, business, etc.
SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF CREATIVE WASHTENAW HAPPY HOUR
1. Principle 1: CWHH should be stress-free. We have enough meetings that we dread attending. CWHH should not be one of those meetings. So no agenda and few rules. If a CWHH member is hosting at their place, the house may look like crap because the member had no time to clean. That’s OK. You yourself may not have time to bring a bottle of wine. That’s OK also. Bring whatever snacks you have in your snack drawer or left over from meetings or retreats or bring nothing. And don’t worry that you look like someone just ran you over with a steamroller. We look like that by default.
2. Principle 2: CWHH should be fun: Work discussions are fine. You can even trade business cards if you like. But CWHH should be a place for CWHH members s to relax, tell jokes, talk about stupid TV shows, get tutoring from other CWHH members on the steps to The Wobble (It’s a line dance; look it up on YouTube), etc.
3. Principle 3: CWHH should be welcoming: All CWHH members should feel welcomed, regardless of size of creative practice, business, organization, mission and personal characteristics such as race, religion, class, art form preferences, sexual orientation, sports team preferences, dietary restrictions, art form preferences etc. You can, however, openly make fun of CWHH members who wear skinny jeans, since they look ridiculous. As soon as a CWHH members arrives, they should be greeted with enthusiasm and raised glasses.
4. Principle 4: CWHH is only for artists and creatives living, practicing, going to school and or working in Washtenaw County – or who are members of The Arts Alliance. One free attendance before required membership.
5. Principle 5: CWHH should be supportive. At any time a CWHH members needs to vent that CWHH members should invoke the sacred words “I need to vent,” in which case, all conversation must stop and everyone must listen to the venting and offer encouragement. The same sort of support must be offered to any CWHH members who invokes “I need advice” or “I need another drink.”
6. Principle 6: CWHH is confidential. This is obvious, but it should be stated anyway: Anything discussed at a CWHH or a CWHH-sanctified event will remain among the CWHH members present. It is a serious offense to break this oath, and any CWHH members who does so, whether intentional or not, shall be cursed for seven years, their creative juices slowed, grant writing yielding no fruit, their annual events doomed with terrible tech, their board all micromanagers.
7. Principle 7: CWHH should be free or dirt-cheap for CWHH members to attend. There are CW gatherings that charge CWs $5 to $50 to attend each time. On occasion they have trainings or serve as an opportunity for important discussions. CWHH is not that. If you have an agenda and/or you charge CWHH members to attend, you can no longer use the CWHH name.
CWHH has the coolest guiding principals! This is going to be fun!
Fun begins with everyone knowing what's expected at the start.
I will do my creative best to honor the 7 CWHH principals.
I think not. I am going to pass on CWHH.
I/We do/(don't) want to be in pictures.
As a participant or attendant at this event, I, on behalf of myself and the guests in my party, hereby grant The Arts Alliance and its partners, their employees, agents and assigns, the right to use my audio, visual, written, electronically communicated or other comments and responses as well as any photographs, provided by or taken of me and my guests or other reproduction of my physical likeness as well as the company/organization I represent in relationship to the appearance for publication purposes, through websites, newsletters, educational materials, journal advertisements, presentations or consumer media whether electronic, print, digital or electronic via broadcast, internet and any other media to be viewed by the general public now or in the future.
Furthermore, if The Arts Alliance or or its partners in this event publish any comments, photos or video of me that is unwanted. I know that I may contact them and request that image(s) be removed by calling 734-213-2733 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
I prefer not to be in any images and realize it is up to me to do my best to stay out of any pictures, videos or recordings.
CWHH is modeled on EDHH thanks to nonprofitwithball.com
The Arts Alliance is grateful to Nonprofitwithballs.com, the creators of the successful Executive Director Happy Hour (EDHH) model with chapters across the country.
Nonprofitwithballs.com has granted permission to adapt EDHH for Creative Washtenaw Happy Hour (CWHH) as long as the tenants and principals are retained.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Save and Continue Later
Copyrights © 2018
All Rights Reserved.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!